30s to 50s | CREATING A WEALTH FOUNDATION
A solid wealth foundation is all about creating some stability around your finances.
Your student loans may almost be paid off, you may be changing jobs, starting a business or planning to start a family. You may even want to renovate your home, pay for your children's education, enjoy an amazing holiday or build your investment portfolio. You may also be wondering how you can better organise your finances so you have more freedom to choose.
The choices you make and the habits you develop in this foundation stage may impact how much financial freedom you have through the years and even decades ahead.
A major focus at this stage should be debt management.
The challenges you may be facing are around:
- Purchasing property
- Marriage or cohabitation
- Providing for children or other dependents
- Changing jobs or starting a business
- Managing increased household expenses
- Debt management
- Income and life protection
- Tax management
- Inheritance issues
- Estate planning
- Long-term care planning – parent and self
- Lifestyle – family enjoyment and reward