40s to 60s | BUILDING FAMILY WEALTH
Whether you're single or married, with or without kids, have a mortgage or not, it's quite common at this stage of life to feel pressure on your finances as you build on your objective to have a comfortable standard of living that goes beyond just financial security. You may also want to have some of the added benefits of life such as vacations, an investment property and perhaps even time off from work to pursue other interest.
The choices you make and the habits you develop in the facing changes stage may impact how much financial freedom you have leading into your retirement years.
A major focus at this stage should be wealth accumulation.
The challenges you may be facing:
- Managing costs of living
- Stabilising career path or business
- Funding increased consumption or improved lifestyle
- Changes to family structure, e.g. blended families, separation
- Continued support of dependants (e.g. education etc.)
- Debt elimination
- Asset protection
- Life and health protection
- Ethical investing
- Tax management
- Transition to retirement planning
- Inheritance issues
- Estate planning
- Financial assistance to family
- Business / career exit strategy
- Long-term care planning – parent and self
- Lifestyle – family enjoyment and reward